Want to learn more about VMware Integrated OpenStack ?
Public Cloud FEATURES
Migrating your VPS to our VMware Integrated OpenStack will see your performance increase and with the ability to autoscale your servers will be performing better than ever !
All the features of Managed Infrastructure plus we’ll do the heavy lifting for you. Our cloud engineers perform frequent system administrator tasks to improve reliability and performance. Plus, they’ll perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of your OpenStack cloud.
When you already possess the skill set and knowledge to perform day-to-day system administrator tasks, but want on-demand guidance and best practice recommendations. Our team can help you improve the availability, scalability and security of your OpenStack cloud.
VIO allows the use of OpenStack framework on your current VMware vSphere infrastructure. OpenStack services have VMware-specific drivers and plugins built to translate requests to calls.
Software Defined Networking
VIO supports vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS) or NSX via the Neutron plugin. Although supported, the vDS has limitations in a VIO environment compared to NSX. NSX can provide support for options such as security groups and fenced environments via Firewall
Benefits of VMware Integrated OpenStack
VIO should not be mistaken for a VMware proprietary flavor of OpenStack. In fact, it’s based on a VMware OpenStack distribution recognized by the OpenStack Foundation. There are benefits for deploying VIO compared to using KVM or RHEL:
- VMware administrators will not be as intimidated to learn OpenStack since they are already familiar with the underlying infrastructure.
- Ease of deployment with a vAPP. More importantly, it deploys a highly available production-ready environment.
- Free to customers who own the vCloud suite & vSphere with Operations Management (vSOM).
- One stop shop for support. VMware will provide support for OpenStack and VMware infrastructure. This will come at a cost of $200 per CPU. Keep in mind that VMware is eating its own dog food here and running a large OpenStack deployment internally using VIO on vSphere.
- Ease of management such as adding or removing capacity.
- Leveraging benefits of the vSphere environment such as DRS, HA and vMotion.
- Simplified upgrades and patching with the potential of minimum disruption to the OpenStack environment. This would depend on the underlying infrastructure.
- Integration with other VMware products such as log insight and vRealize Operations manager.
- Support for any storage supported by vSphere infrastructure including VSAN.
- Developers have an area to spin up virtual machines for development and testing.
WHY CHOOSE ONEHOST Cloud?
OneHost Cloud takes pride in our customers and always go the extra mile for 100% satisfaction via EXPERT advice, custom solutions and details needs analysis to assure our customers that we are providing the best possible solution for your needs.
vSphere helps you get the best performance, availability, and efficiency from your infrastructure and applications. It’s the ideal foundation for any cloud environment. Also referred to as a cloud operating system or virtualized data center platform, VMware vSphere enables IT departments to efficiently place application workloads on the most cost-effective compute resource available.
Tier 1 Datacenters
OneHost Cloud houses our servers in multiple datacenters across the globe which pass our strict protocols for the highest security and reliability
We use Openstack as our hosting back-end with VMware and other production grade solutions to being you the best reliability and performance for excellent value for money
WORKS WITH LINUX DISTROS
YOUR ON-DEMAND SOLUTION
VMware vSphere is a premier infrastructure solutions to manage large scale cloud platforms. Host your website or spin up a cloud instance for instant on-demand cloud hosting…