Take a look at our Plesk Hosting Special to introduce yet another product from OneHost Cloud.
To introduce the roll-out and addition of the latest Plesk Onyx Control Panel we have added a cost effective hosting plan to entice customers to try the great new Plesk Onyx Control Panel.
Customers can signup and get their Plesk Hosting Special here.
The guys at Plesk have done a great job of the user interface and functionality of the overall workings on this great new panel and we must say that we are now huge fans of Plesk.
Plesk comes complete with Docker which we think will attract developers seeking an easy way to test their development applications and sites.
Some of the new Plesk features include:-
WordPress Toolkit 2.0
To give you and your customers the ability to create, update, secure, and manage WordPress websites with just a few clicks, Plesk presents the new and improved WordPress Toolkit 2.0 extension.
In WordPress Toolkit 2.0, we have added a number of hot new features aimed at Web Pros to help them make working with staging websites and synchronizing changes between different WordPress websites a breeze. Here is what you can do:
- Create a perfect copy of your WordPress website in a matter of seconds.
- Copy changes made to the files and the database from one WordPress website to another.
- Effortlessly import WordPress websites hosted elsewhere into Plesk and manage them using WordPress Toolkit.
- Gain a fine degree of control by running WP-CLI commands directly from the command-line interface.
- Get to the bottom of any issue. A flexible suite of options allows you to enable individual aspects of WordPress debugging.
- If your WordPress website is not yet ready for the prime time, make it invisible to search engines by disabling indexing.
- Stay up-to-date by configuring WordPress Toolkit to automatically install all WordPress updates, security updates only, or no updates at all.
Make the power of HTTPS your competitive advantage. Here at Plesk, security is a number one priority, and that is why we applaud the Let’s Encrypt initiative which allows everyone to receive SSL/TLS certificates for free. If you have not yet switched your websites to HTTPS, you have no excuse!
To do our part, we created a Plesk extension that makes securing your websites with Let’s Encrypt certificates a straightforward process and takes care of certificate renewal. Both you and your customers can issue certificates with a click while Plesk takes care of all drudgery.
Coinciding with the release of Plesk Onyx 17.5, we added a long-requested feature – the ability to secure domain aliases. We plan to add the ability to secure webmail in the near future.
To make deploying your website even easier, Plesk Onyx introduces integration with Git – the most popular source code management system. This feature enables you to do the following:
- Easily deploy your website content by either pushing it to a local Git repository or by pulling from a remote one.
- Use GitHub, BitBucket, Travis, or any other software engineering service of your choice.
- Create multiple branches in a single repository – useful for separating staging and production code.
- Deploy manually for complete control or enable automatic deployment to save time.
To help you meet the evolving requirements of your customers, Plesk Onyx comes with Docker support. Here is what you can do with it:
- Have on-demand access to a wide range of modern technologies, such as redis, mongodb, memcached, and many more.
- Choose from a catalog of available images, or upload a custom image.
- Deploy and manage Docker containers straight from the Plesk interface.
- Install Docker containers locally, or to a remote node registered in Plesk.
nginx-only website hosting
If you’re looking for nginx-only hosting for your websites, Plesk Onyx delivers. nginx proxies requests to Apache by default, but it’s possible to turn off Apache and have content served by nginx only.
Improved Plesk Installer experience
The usability of Plesk Installer was improved for both Web UI and console modes. The installer now features steamlined experience with less clutter on the screen, which facilitates faster and more comfortable installation and upgrade experience.
Remote SmarterMail (Plesk for Windows only)
SmarterMail is a powerful MTA widely used on Plesk for Windows servers. However, to get its premium features, a commercial license must be purchased, and if you run multiple Plesk servers, buying a separate license for each server can get pricy. We added the remote SmarterMail support feature in Plesk Onyx to help you make the most of your commercial SmarterMail license.
You can register a remote SmarterMail 15 or later server in Plesk, so that it is used to provide all email-related functionality to your customers. Doing so comes with certain limitations, however – for example, settings such as spam filter settings or autoresponders must be configured on the SmarterMail side, in effect replacing Plesk features with their SmarterMail counterparts.
The old must retire to give way to the new – such is the way of the world, and Plesk is no exception. In Plesk Onyx we say goodbye to some of the less popular functionality to better focus on the most popular and widely used features. To see the whole list of dropped features and components, refer to the following Knowledge Base article: https://kb.plesk.com/en/129387